Friday, October 19, 2007

Lucky Dube, 1964-2007

















Farewell.

I never saw Bob Marley perform, but I did catch Lucky Dube a couple times. The hard-touring South African was often compared to Marley. And he deserved it. His conscious roots-based music recalled Marley's positive spirit and his live shows were obvious tributes to Marley's legacy. Lucky Dube was murdered yesterday. "My Brother, My Enemy" is found on Trinity, a 1995 release issued in the United States by a Motown subsidiary.

---
Kansas City Click: It'd be a really weird to see scrappy post-punk kids Flee the Seen at the swanky VooDoo Lounge tonight.

Iron your fancy pants- Miguel DeLeon's excellent salsa band is at the Madrid on Saturday. I'm not sold on the Police cover, though.

Seventy-four-year-old Lazy Lester visits the retro lounge inside Knuckleheads on Sunday.

No comments: