Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Close Lobsters- I Kiss the Flower In Bloom

















Dried up.

I sometimes wear pink shirts. I also listen to Close Lobsters. So there. The Scottish band's jingle jangle speaks directly to the part of me that still remembers the thrill of holding hands with my first crush. "I Kiss the Flowers In Bloom" perfectly captures the wistful sense of romantic optimism that life stamps out of most people by the time they're 25. It's on their wondrous 1987 recording Foxheads Stalk This Land. Here's more twee goodness.

---
Even though I'm not really a fan of Thrice, I wanted to buy their new release today. The handsome packaging is irresistible.

---
Um...

---
Kansas City Click: Oh my dear Lord. Anything But Joey are back. I don't know if I should celebrate or cry. I'm seriously considering going to see their show at Spivey's in Lenexa tonight to do a little of both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. Close Lobsters. I used to call them the Psychedelic Cure. or My Sunny Valentine. The title track is brilliant too. And "From This Day On," from the "What Is There To Smile About" EP. Great stuff.