Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lalo Schifrin-Magic Carousel

















The ride is over.

Even at 75, the great film composer Lalo Schifrin continues to tour. He's responsible for dozens of melodies and musical gimmicks known to every Western consumer of movies and television over the age of thirty. The laughably groovy "Magic Carousel" is a crate digger's dream. It's from the outstanding score to Rollercoaster. Additional themes can be heard in this film clip from the 1977 thriller. Uh oh- I'm starting to get a little nostalgic for the '70s.

---
I offer a list of the Ten Best Kansas City Jazz Recordings on my jazz blog.

---
Kansas City Click: When checking ticket availability for tonight's Porcupine Tree show at the Uptown, Ticketmaster offered me a seat in the front row. It's $45, but I'm still tempted...

No comments: