Friday, June 03, 2011

Easy Does It: Lagrimas Mexicanas























"Aguela Mulher" stream at YouTube

It's been a noisy year. I've taken to relaxing to the sounds of Slayer and Albert Ayler. I'm geeked for tonight's Tech N9ne concert. Even so, the album I've listened to most in 2011 is Lagrimas Mexicanas, the quiet new collaboration between guitarist Bill Frisell and Vincious. The intoxicating project has even replaced Ali Farka Toure's The Source as my primary soundtrack during my regular visits to western Kansas. Sure- songs like "Aguela Mulher" could be characterized as fancy-pants easy listening music. Wanna make something of it?

---
That reminds me- "Have You Never Been Mellow?"

---
I don't regret downloading Young Jeezy's The Real is Back mixtape.

---
Here's a promotional video for my friend Corky's book of photography.

---
Members of The Kansas City Symphony are pleased with their new performance venue.

---
"Guntitled", the latest video from Ces Cru, features Mac Lethal. (Via Wayward Blog.)

---
I had my hopes up high. I expect great, not merely good, from Joe Ely. Here's my review of last night's performance.

---
Kansas City Click: Tech N9ne performs at the Midland Theater on Friday. Here's his ambitious new video for "He's a Mental Giant."

Bobby Watson collaborates with Bach Aria Soloists on Saturday.

Ben Harper performs at Crossroads KC on Sunday.

Sleigh Bells and Neon Indian play the Midland on Monday.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: