Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Rachael Davis- Fragile






















Safe.

I can't imagine not having fun at Kansas City's annual Irish festival. I wrote about the opening night here. I was so taken by Millish that I decided to see what other Michigan artists I might be overlooking. Rachael Davis is one of Millish's top MySpace friends. She's a straightforward folkie who reminds me of the tough but tender work of Iris DeMent and Tish Hinojosa. The simple zen of "Fragile" sold me: "I am not who I would like to be/I'm just who I am right now." Taken from Live In Breman, Germany, "Fragile" is also one of six songs Davis has made available for download at her MySpace. Here's a rough video of a live performance.

---
Why aren't you listening to Tech N9ne? My review of Saturday's concert may answer that question.

---
Kansas City Click: The Kansas City Ballet performs at 6 p.m. today at Loose Park.

(Image from Davis' MySpace account.)

No comments: