Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lena Horne- Get Out of Town

















Gone.

A few days ago a musician told me that he doesn't perform many Cole Porter standards because he prefers songs about "mean women." His point is well taken, but my pal needs to hear the way Lena Horne imbues this Porter love song with a sense of menace. She recorded it in 1958 with Lennie Hayton & His Orchestra. It's from this fine collection. Can't get enough Lena? This trailer for Horne's Stormy Weather is priceless.

---
Attending .moe's in-store performance last night brought back bad memories. I reminisce about an old job here.

---
Kansas City post-punk band Flee the Seen have a solid new video.

---
This Ghostface Killah rant is making the rounds. Believe me, Captain America, I feel your pain.

---
Kansas City Click: Jeff Black comes home to Knuckleheads tonight.

No comments: