Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Angaleena Presley- All I Ever Wanted






















Angaleena Presley- All I Ever Wanted

It's a good thing for Angaleena Presley that I'm not on the prowl for a new romance. Her MySpace profile describes an ideal woman.

"I'm a real life coal miner's daughter from Beauty, Kentucky. That pretty much explains why I'm in Nashville singing my stories. I love beer, ballet, dirtbikes, The Tao, The Rolling Stones, poetry, music, and God. I worship Loretta Lynn and hope to someday make out with Dolly Parton."

Although she has a publishing deal, it's unbelievable that Presley isn't already making teenage girls forget all about my musical nemesis Taylor Swift. Presley inhabits the sweet spot between Mindy Smith and Gretchen Wilson. "All I Ever Wanted" is one of the better Saturday-night-and-Sunday-morning songs I've encountered, and that niche is one of my specialties.

(Image of artist by this photographer.)

---
Listen to the new Tender Forever here. I'm a fan of their gentle take on the K Records aesthetic. Video types should start here instead.

---
Kansas City Click: Dude! moe. is scheduled to play a 7 p.m. in-store Wednesday at the Borders at 123rd and Metcalf.

No comments: