Friday, December 14, 2007

Spike Jones- The Vamp

















Playtime is over.

I stood ten feet from J Mascis for much of last night's Dinosaur Jr concert. I loved it, but I need a respite. My remedy is Spike Jones. His lunacy is just what the (ear) doctor ordered. The four-disc Strictly For Music Lovers might be considered overkill, but really, you can't have too much of this mayhem. "The Vamp," a live recording from 1943, is just one of the box's 93 treasures.

---
Hark! The Pogues' "Fairytale of New York" and John Prine's "Christmas In Prison" have a new companion. Pendergast has recorded a Christmas classic. Download "Christmas Eve" immediately.

---
My Dinosaur Jr review is here.

---
Kansas City Click: Almost Kiss rocks the Brooksider tonight. The hosts' patter when the tribute band appeared on a local morning television show is excruciatingly awkward. Check it out here.

Miles Bonny DJs at the Embassy on Saturday.

Lee McBee's Sunday night gig at BB's Lawnside BBQ is one of my favorite Kansas City traditions.

No comments: