Friday, August 24, 2007

Dale Ann Bradley- Last Drink of Wine

















Empty.

Etta James spoiled music for me. Her incendiary show last night makes it difficult for me to enjoy anything else right now. So I thought I'd seek solace in a very different type of vocalist. One of bluegrass' most gifted performers, Dale Ann Bradley trades in subtle nuances and quiet strengths. Fans of Alison Krauss- an avowed Bradley advocate- should seek Bradley out immediately. If this song from the out-of-print East Kentucky Morning doesn't convince you of Bradley's merits, her cover of "Me and Bobbie McGee" might do the trick.

---
My review of Etta James is here.

---
I'm Not There? I'm so there.

---
Kansas City Click: The Wreckers play a free show at Crown Center tonight.

Club Kandi is advertising a Saturday appearance by Project Pat.

Alice Cooper brings his "Psycho-Drama Tour" to the Uptown on Sunday.

No comments: