Friday, December 22, 2006

Kenny Burrell- Lucky To Be Me

















As I'm shell-shocked from the inescapable barrage of holiday music, I won't spotlight seasonal music in this forum. However, there's plenty of music that is just as spiritual as the most familiar hymn or carol. This gorgeous ballad is one such example. Kenny Burrell's gentle work on acoustic guitar, Cedar Walton's lush piano and the sensitive rhythm section of Rufus Reid and Lewis Nash are capable of moving a listener to tears. It's from 1991's Sunup To Sundown.

---
My review of last night's Cowboy Mouth show is here They're not one of my favorite bands, but there's no denying their power.

---
This is my first There Stands the Glass post using an Apple. I'm sure it'll get easier, but right now I'm completely befuddled.

5 comments:

WLIB said...

If your new Mac is one of them there Intel jobbies, you could load Windows on it and be a happy clam. Just a thought. Thanks for the Burrell!

Don't Need Anything said...

im a moron. i scrolled back up to the picture and thought, "thats a beer, not an apple!"

Happy In Bag said...

I'll eventually figure it out, Lee.

That's funny, DNA. Everything is topsy turvy.

WLIB said...

As always, I'm playing tune catch up. That's a beautiful track, played beautifully. But as to your ever present hope for a youth movement in jazz: is this the kind of thing that kids can even hear anymore? I sure as hell hope so, but I have my doubts.

Happy In Bag said...

Lee, are you speaking figuratively or literally? If it's the former, I'll respond by saying that there's always a place for beauty, even if- in the case of Burrell- it's placed between Biggie and Chamillionaire.