Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Blue Van- Independence



















The Blue Van are one of the better retro-garage bands I've heard over the last five years. The new Dear Independence is filled with references to The Byrds, the Kinks and the Nuggets collections. This song gets a lot of little details right, like the organ intro, the tamborine and the primitive riffing. I have the Danish band near the top of my "must see" list for 2007.

---
Few music videos are worth nine minutes of your time. I'll make an exception for Leslie Hall. This footage of an in-store at Amoeba Records is something else. I'd describe it for you, but I don't think you'd believe me.

---
Even though I realize that it's just a marketing gimmick, I'm excited that Stax Records is in business once again.

1 comment:

bgo said...

We need more marketing gimmicks, dag gummit. I sure hope they have the good sense to use the blue label logo for their first release. And they better get on the phone with Jones, Cropper & Dunn too.

Carl Jefferson is smiling from above.

m&s