Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Review: Keb' Mo' at Frontier Park

















I don't mind sweating. As long as I have access to water, I actually enjoy the sensation of completely saturating my clothing. It's not much of an achievement this time of year in the Kansas City area. With the heat index over 100 last Friday evening, I headed directly to Olathe to catch Keb' Mo''s free concert at Frontier Park after mowing my lawn. Even in my dank condition, I dug the first song, a duet with opening act Kelley Hunt. I soon remembered, however, that Keb' Mo' appeals directly to James Taylor's fan base. The soft approach worked for most of the approximately 1,500 people who braved the heat, but I conceded after thirty minutes. July wins. I lose.

---
I reviewed Dysfunctional, Ahmad Alaadeen's new oral autobiography, at Plastic Sax.

---
Kansas City Click: You're on your own. I'm going to get back to enjoying the cool breeze right here.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: