Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Gruesome Return of the Death Blog


















I visited the grave of Serge Gainsbourg in Paris last week. I'm attending a funeral in western Kansas tomorrow. Rather than allowing the long list of music-related deaths to paralyze me, I'll simply list them.
*Kansas City pianist Ronald Brown.
*Michael Charles, a fixture on Kansas City's black gospel scene.
*Reggae's Smiley Culture.
*Disco star Loleatta Holloway.
*Country legend Ferlin Husky.
*Blues man Big Jack Johnson.
*Jazz drummer Joe Morello.
*Death Row Records luminary Nate Dogg.
*Steel guitarist Ralph Mooney (Tip via BGO.)
*Blues pianist Pinetop Perkins.
*Oddball Zoogz Rift.
*Jazz-funk guitarist Melvin Sparks.
*Mike Starr of Alice in Chains.
---
Have I mentioned that I love Alison Krauss? I'm looking forward to her new album.

---
I recommend Pusha-T's Fear of God free mixtape to fans of the Clipse, N.E.R.D and Odd Future.

---
Could "Into the Spin" be the video that makes Doomtree's Dessa a star?

---
The pictured Melvin Sparks import contains two entertaining albums from the '70s.

---
Hidden Pictures is critiqued by a drunk guy.

---
Kansas City Click: Brass Bed brings its Big Star-style pop to the Record Bar on Thursday.

Dianne Reeves performs Friday at the Gem Theater.

Trio Mediaeval return to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception on Saturday.

The Trashcan Sinatras perform at Knuckleheads on Sunday.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: