Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bunny Wailer- Redemption Song

















Redeemed.

Bunny Wailer turned 60 last month. As they say, it beats the alternative. His two brethren, Bob Marley and Peter Tosh, are gone. Bunny sings Bob on the out-of-print Time Will Tell. I really like his reverent take on "Redemption Song." It maintains the gospel vibe of the original while teasing out a few new musical nuances.

---
I no longer have a stake in independent record label distribution. Even so, the details of Navarre's sale to Koch break my heart. Here's how bad the business has become: Navarre's music division brings in $55 million in net sales, yet the company went to Koch for a paltry $6.5 million. Are you kidding me?

---
Kansas City Click: I'm really not in the mood for Nashville Pussy right now. A few Jager bombs might help me get there. The cartoonish band is at Davey's tonight.

No comments: