Friday, August 22, 2008

Norma Jenkins- Me Myself and I

















All alone.

I understand that the E Street Band is fielding requests on their current tour. So how about it, fellas- could you play this Norma Jenkins nugget for me Sunday night? "Me Myself and I" is sort of a scuffed-up reworking of "Tears of a Clown." It's just one of 24 absolutely indispensable songs on this compilation of vintage soul from the Carnival label.

---
My most recent musical epiphany arrived earlier this week when I heard this version of Louis Vierne's "Toccata" as I was surrounded by wheat fields.

---
Kansas City Click: Lisa Henry sings at the Blue Room tonight.

Saturday's Soul Food Festival at Parade Park features Silk, Troop, Angela Winbush, Ronnie Laws, Dru Hill and the eternal Bar-Kays.

Do you suppose I'll hear my favorite Bruce Springsteen song at the Sprint Center Sunday?

No comments: