I’m glad so many people claim to love Fiona Apple’s Fetch the Bolt Cutters. I’m not among them.
1. Peter CottonTale- Catch
2. Clarice Jenson- The Experience of Repetition as Death
3. Dvsn- A Muse In Her Feelings
A not so quiet storm.
4. Tomeka Reid and Alexander Hawkins- Shards and Constellations
5. Laura Marling- Song For Our Daughter
Both sides now.
Top Five Songs
Even better than my beloved’s halting piano recitals.
1. Frank Ocean- “Dear April”
2. Zsela- “Drinking”
In the parlance of the moment, I feel seen.
3. Playboi Carti- “@meh”
4. The Streets and Tame Impala- “Calling My Phone Thinking I’m Doing Nothing Better”
I don’t know how to dismiss an incoming call either.
5. Earl Sweatshirt featuring Maxo- “Whole World”
My favorite iteration of Earl.
Top Five Livestreams
I continue to appreciate nightly opera productions thanks to the generosity of the Metropolitan Opera.
1. Daniel Barenboim- plays Chopin at Pierre Boulez Saal
2. Post Malone- plays Nirvana at home
3. Stacey Pullen- in Detroit
4. Boombox Cartel- Room Service Festival
5- Taylor Swift- One World: Together at Home
I conducted the same exercise in March, February and January.
(Screenshot of the Metropolitan Opera’s production of Rossini’s Cenerentola by There Stands the Glass.)