Friday, August 08, 2008

C.E.S. Cru- Shame

















No more shame.

I may have missed SXSW for the second straight year, but at least I have the Pitch Music Showcase to fall back on. Last night was ridiculously fun. Fourth of July performed my favorite set at the mini-festival, but the most enthusiastic crowd I witnessed belonged to C.E.S. Cru. The duo's core fans practically lost their minds with communal joy. "Shame" isn't C.E.S. Cru's best song; that would be "The Block", a collaboration with Joe Good that all too accurately reflects Kansas City's rampant crime problem.

---
I find it absolutely adorable that aspiring stars post their American Idol cattle call auditions as if they were actual shows at MySpace. Here's one such hopeful.

---
Until I was reminded of it earlier this week, it'd been a decade since I'd heard the Modern Lovers' "I'm Straight". In its own bizarre way, it's absolutely perfect.

---
Kansas City Click: Noel Gourdin, the subject of an exclusive There Stands the Glass interview in April, returns to Kansas City tonight with a gig at Longview Mansion.

You'll have to go to church on Saturday to catch Jabbar Wesley Da Profit.

Beatbox flautist Greg Patillo is in town for the National Flute Association Convention. He performs Sunday.

(Original image of C.E.S. Cru by There Stands the Glass.)

1 comment:

Russell said...

Hey - just found your blog...it's great. I think I was standing next to you during part of CES cru's set. Here's a post that's kind of about the Pitch music fest:

link