Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Beny More- Soy Del Monte



















No mas.

I don't think I could name an artist who better explemplifies zestful exuberance through his music than Beny More. We could all use a little more of this brilliant Cuban's sound in our lives. This compilation seems to be out of print, but I'm sure most of these are great.

---
Mogwai hurt my ears. Permanently. I was "working" one of their concerts a few years ago and couldn't leave the auditorium. Caught without earplugs, the Scots caused severe damage from which I never fully recovered. Listen to their new collaboration with the Kronos Quartet here.

---
The Hold Steady get another chance to kill me two weeks from tonight. Sybris is the opening band, and luckily, they sound nothing like my favorite rock band. Here's a video for the Cure- influenced band.

No comments: