Thursday, January 28, 2010

Review: Sarah Borges at Knuckleheads

















My companion didn't allow me to get a good photograph of Sarah Borges last Thursday at Knuckleheads. She nodded at the men pointing cameras at the attractive roots-rock musician.

"Don't be one of those creeps," she pleaded.

I have to admit that it did look a little pervy. Of the thirty people attending the matinee show, six or seven were guys lining up shots of Borges. She's certainly worthy of the attention. The Boston-based artist sounds like a combination of Wanda Jackson and Loretta Lynn and looks like a rockabilly version of Sarah Silverman.

She's funny too. She scolded the audience for not being louder (couldn't she see that people can't clap or drink while they're holding cameras?), talked about roadkill and fantasized about abandoning the music business. Let's hope that doesn't happen. I hope to catch Borges at least once more in 2010.

I promise to leave my camera at home.

---
My head says "no" but my heart says "yes." After resisting it for weeks, I've finally succumbed to Sade's idiotic "Soldier of Love."

---
Kansas City Click: There Stands the Glass favorites The Life and Times return to the Record Bar on Thursday.

(Sketchy original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: