Friday, June 29, 2007

Lee Perry and Mad Professor- Heads of Government

















Overthrown.

There's been near-constant rainfall in my city for two days. The deluge may foil my plans to hijack the sound system at tonight's outdoor show by 311 and Matisyahu. I want to turn the kids in the audience on to vintage dub, roots rock reggae and the rantings of Lee "Scratch" Perry. I might lead off with this gleaming, oddly artificial approach to Perry's universe. It's from the out-of-print Black Ark Experryments.

---
Conner, one of the Midwest's most promising bands, is playing their last show Saturday. It's too bad. I thought their overtly commercial sound gave them a real shot at breakout success.

---
Kansas City Click: I'll be with 311 and Matisyahu in Westport tonight.

Children's music act The Terrible Twos are at the Reading Reptile in Brookside on Saturday afternoon. They're an offshoot of the New Amsterdams. Get up, kids!

Italian jazz pianist Roberto Magris plays Sunday at the Blue Room.

No comments: