Tuesday, November 02, 2010

P.O.S. Is, In Fact, Ruining My Life

















This is why I do it.

"P.O.S. Is Ruining My Life" is more than an ironic song title. It's my story. I attend live music events night after night. Classical, country, hip hop, jazz or metal- if it makes me feel alive, I want to be there. Continually going out takes an emotional, financial and physical toll, but I have no regrets.

The grainy fan video shot last night at the Jackpot in Lawrence captures a bit of the magic provided by the Doomtree collective. I truly love the Minnesota misfits. Here's why:
Dessa is an "undiscovered" superstar. Watch.
Lazerbeak is a borderline genius. Watch.
Mike Mictlan is a live wire. Watch.
Cecil Otter is a modern-day Neal Cassady. Watch.
Paper Tiger is a production wizard. Watch.
P.O.S is way ahead of the curve. Watch.
Sims always impresses. Watch.

Doomtree is on tour in the United States and Canada through December 11. Go.

---
I caught Max Weinberg's second set on Sunday. Here's my review. On Saturday, I attended Hammerween, a concert featuring Hammerlord, Troglodyte and five other extreme metal bands. Here's my review.

---
Walter Payton, jazz bassist and father of Nicholas, has died.

Kansas City Click: Russian Circles return to the Riot Room on Tuesday.

Trumpeter Hermon Mehari plays Jardine's on Wednesday.

(Original image of P.O.S. by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: