Friday, February 05, 2010

Lakeside- Given In To Love

















No more love.

Don't you dare call it a decent voyage. "Given In To Love" may not be "Fantastic Voyage" , but the ballad is anything but mediocre. Soul band Lakeside made a lot of solid music before scoring big with their signature hit in 1980. This strong ballad is from the very fine out-of-print 1978 album Shot of Love. The group combined the fire of the Isley Brothers with the smooth musicianship of Earth Wind & Fire. May I have this dance?

---
Friends often express horror and sympathy when they learn that I'm attending a Christian rock event. They don't understand that I actually like it. Here's my mildly critical review of last night's Casting Crowns concert.

---
Did you catch the sad story in the New York Times about the disputed will of Stephen Bruton? Awful. I wrote about Stephen here. And Sumter, seemingly the rightful heir of his brother's estate, was featured at There Stands the Glass here.

---
The wonderful Numero Group is having a label-wide sale. Rather than their usual exorbitant prices, their titles are now merely expensive. (Tip via AZ.)

---
Alright, I'll admit it. I genuinely appreciate Lil Wayne's new rock album. I'm filing it right next to Kid Rock. That pairing, incidentally, would make a great double bill.

---
Kansas City Click: The KcEMA KcEnnections concert Friday at 1100 Main looks intriguing.

Javon Jackson is at the Blue Room on Saturday.

The People's Liberation Big Band return to the Record Bar on Sunday.

No comments: