Monday, May 05, 2008

Mark Eitzel- Saved

















But no longer here.

60 Watt Silver Lining is one of my favorite albums. While its jazz-inflected vibe turns off a lot of American Music Club stalwarts, the noirish 1996 release perfectly suits my sensibilities. That's not to say that I want to hang out with Mark Eitzel. The memory of an encounter I had with him back in the '80s still gives me the willies. For all I know, he feels the same way. Here he is on stage last week with American Music Club.

---
Clark Terry canceled his appearance in Kansas City last night. Send good thoughts his way.

---
Have you missed me? I've been hanging out at Wrigley Field and Millennium Park.

---
Kanas City Click: Eitzel and American Music Club are at the Record Bar tonight. Olympic Size is an ideal opening act.

No comments: