Monday, March 09, 2009

Blind Connie Williams- One Thin Dime
















Spent.

Perhaps it's time to rekindle my long-dormant love affair with the blues. As I've previously revealed in this space, I once went on a five-year blues binge. I suppose I overindulged. Or maybe I lost interest when greats like Little Hatch were replaced by Blues Hammer-style acts at my town's blues bars. Another blues legend, John Cephas, passed on last week. In the process of digging through my dusty blues vaults trying to find a Cephas track, I began listening to long-neglected compilations like this outstanding budget disc. I never did locate any Cephas but I sure am feeling Blind Connie Williams. (Tip via BGO.)

---
I reviewed Friday's triple bill of Thriving Ivory, Barcelona and Company of Thieves.

---
I took notes during last night's performance by Sara Gazarek.

---
I can't believe that I hadn't encountered this dead-on spoof of Rufus Wainwright until today. And for the record, I love the guy.

---
Kansas City Click: Miles Bonny DJs at The Phoenix.

No comments: