Saturday, July 06, 2013

Album Review: King Carnage- Ounce of Mercy, Pound of Flesh



A lot of people think I’m kidding when I profess my affection for black metal.  The truth is that I pretty much love everything.  I have a special affinity, however, for the extreme sounds associated with black metal.  The bludgeoning provided by Ounce of Mercy, Pound of Flesh, the new album by the obsure King Carnage, hurts so good.  This is precisely the sort of unforgiving malevolence that adds a necessary balance to my spiritual and earthly existence. 


---
Little Willie Littlefield, the man who behind the original version of “Kansas City,” has died.  One of the great controversies in popular music centers on the provenance of the song.  Did Littlefield write it, as he maintained, or do Leiber and Stoller deserve the official credit they've been given? 

--
Here’s a video for Schwervon!’s “Cyclone.”

---
The video for Despistaos’ ”Kansas City” is the visual equivalent of a love letter to the town.  (Via Tony’s Kansas City.)

---
Atmosphere’s excellent new song ”Bob Seger” isn’t really about the Detroit rocker.

---
Euclid Records' new arrivals videos never fail to mesmerize me. 

---
I’ve been involuntarily exposed to a terrestrial classic rock station for several hours a day for the past week.  The twenty year period beginning in 1965 is reduced to a 500-song playlist.  What a travesty.

---
Kansas City Click: My official picks are published here.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: