Thursday, July 17, 2008

Donta Slusha- Check My Posture






















Slumping.

Until I discovered "Check My Posture," I'd wasted a lot of time trying to determine if "Lookin Boy" by Hot Stylz and Yung Joc was the best or the worst song of 2008. The as-yet undiscovered Kansas City song rendered such thoughts irrelevant. Its willful goofiness is even more appealing than the absurd mayhem of the national hit. In fact, "Check My Posture" just became my official song of the summer. The self-proclaimed "gritter's choice" introduces the song in this video. "Check My Posture" and the more menacing "Get This Money" are available for download at Donta Slusha's MySpace.

---
This footage from the Kansas City Kansas Street Blues Festival is in desperate need of a ruthless editor, but I still welcome anything featuring Myra Taylor.

---
Kansas City Click: The Danny Cox benefit previewed here a couple days ago goes down tonight in Kansas City, Kansas.

If Dave Grohl's voice holds up, the Foo Fighters will revive Kemper Arena on Saturday.

Ted Nugent wallops the Uptown Theater on Sunday.

3 comments:

WLIB said...

Well, that certainly is silly all right.

Happy In Bag said...

Vess soda, Church's chicken and mucus- what's not to love?

WLIB said...

tru dat