Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Black- JB Lenoir Street



















The MP3 has gone black.

The Black remind me of Camper Van Beethoven. Like Camper, they're a smart, experimental rock band that never forgets to drag catchy hooks and melodies along for the ride. And they have great taste- Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere and Rubber Soul are reference points. JB Lenoir Street, perhaps the least pop-oriented song on Tanglewood, clearly smacks of Blonde On Blonde. Roots aside, I understand that The Black travels in the same circles as fellow Austin, TX, residents And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead and Knife In the Water. Tanglewood is available at Insound, and The Black has three songs posted at MySpace. Incidentally, The Black was kind enough to send me Tanglewood for use at this site. Contact me if you'd like to follow their lead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't comment too thoroughly on The Black - although they sound a little "of the pack" to me - but J.B. Lenoir certainly merits every mention he could possibly muster in this mixed-up shook up world!