Thursday, March 05, 2020

Album Review: Bad Bunny- YHLQMDLG

The range of intoxicating thrills available to sober vegetarians is limited.  That’s why I’m mainlining Bad Bunny’s deliriously heady Yo Hago Lo Que Me Da La Gana.  Beginning with the opening track’s hilarious send-up of “The Girl from Ipanema,'' the twenty-song set makes me feel as if I stopped at a dispensary on my way home from a liquor run.  The relentless application of giddy production effects on sugary pop-oriented reggaeton jams like “Pero Ya No” makes me dizzy.  Here’s actual footage of me dancing to “Yo Perreo Sola” in my bedroom.


---
I recently resumed management of The Kansas City Jazz Calendar.

---
I write weekly concert previews for The Kansas City Star.

---
I reviewed Pat Metheny’s From This Place at Plastic Sax.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: