Sunday, June 23, 2019

June Recap


Top Five Performances
1. Rickie Lee Jones- Crossroads KC
(My review.)
2. X- Knuckleheads
(My Instagram clip.)
3. Snarky Puppy- Muriel Kauffman Theatre
(My review.)
4. Trombone Shorty- Crossroads KC
(My review.)
5. The Greeting Committee- Boulevardia
(My review.)

Top Five Albums
1. Santana- Africa Speaks
A shockingly wonderful surprise.
2. Prince- Originals
Oh-we-oh-we-oh!
3. David Sánchez- Carib
Sailing.
4. Bill Callahan- Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest
My kind of weirdo.
5. Bruce Springsteen- Western Stars
Drive fast, fall hard.

Top Five Songs
1. Kate Tempest- “Hold Your Own”
Pep talk.
2. Freddie Gibbs, Madlib and Anderson Paak- “Giannis”
Freak.
3. Black Pumas- “Stay Gold”
Dusty.
4. Billy F. Gibbons- “Hot Rod”
That guitar, though.
5. Nérija- “Riverfest”
London’s grooving.

I conducted the same exercise in May, April, March, February and January.

(Original image of members of Trombone Shorty’s Orleans Avenue by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: