Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ooh! My Head


People keep asking me what I think of the latest release by my nemesis Drake.  They don’t like hearing that I’ve been too busy attending shows to listen to much new music.  My reviews and/or notes, listed in the order of how much I enjoyed each event of the past eight days:
1. Merle Haggard at the Uptown Theater
2. Blackberry Smoke, the Temperance Movement and the Ben Miller Band at the Uptown Theater
3. The Hot Sardines at the Folly Theater
4. Hellyeah and a handful of forgettable bands at the Midland
5. Thursday’s offerings at the Music Fair portion of the Folk Alliance International Conference.

---
Clark Terry has died.  I believe a 2010 concert at the Gem Theater was his final performance in Kansas City.

--
Lesley Gore has died.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

2 comments:

bgo said...

It is Lesley, not Leslie. And yes, it matters.

bgo

Happy In Bag said...

Thanks for the catch, BGO.